Dogeclaren at EthDenver

UPDATED

Overview:

DogeClaren will be hosted front and center at ETH Denver - parked right inside the main hall in the middle of everything! She will be positioned as the first cool thing attendees see as they enter the venue as well as the prime photo location. I’m now seeking sponsors to help cover costs of bringing this opportunity to life :blush:

This is a great opportunity for high visibility at one of the largest -and certainly the most fun - crypto events consistently each year with tens of thousands expected in attendance with a new all-in-one location venue…

Request is for $2,000 USD in $DOG to help fund the trip + cost of printing hand outs.

DogeClaren team will promote Own The Doge with a particular focus on getting people to sign up for Pilgrimage. DogeClaren team will also attend multi after parties and events, promoting the trip and helping making connections with different projects.

Proposed Use of Dog Grant:

The $2,000 is a partial sponsorship for the trip with the total cost being over 5k.

DogeClaren team will print out hand outs produced by Own The Doge and promote the trip to Japan. We hope to get some crypto whales to sign up.

Experience: Tons of experience setting the car up for events, well versed in Own The Doge.

Timeline: Car would be on full display 24/7 in the main venue 3/1 - 3/6 with the end of February taking The Dogeclaren to all of the hosted parties with sponsors noted on QR.

Other Thoughts: It will be the most epic way to have a BIG presence at one of the biggest crypto events -that is Eth based but showing up big for the Doge- for a fraction of the cost of what even an EthDenver base level booth cost.

The Dogeclaren is positioned to be the first cool thing everyone sees as they enter as well as the best area for selfes/posts. 10s of thousands expected this year in attendance with all prior venues consolidated to this main venue space this year. Own The Doge could also have community members that attend the event hang out with us and help with promotion.

2 Likes

is that $2,500 USD each way?

can you share more about how Own The Doge will be represented and an idea about numbers? i.e. 10,000 attendees will walk by the car to enter the event and we can probably talk / hand OTD sticker / get tweet for a contest from 5% of them, yada yada - just curious how we can tie this back to ownthedoge.com or @ownthedoge on socials

one other question - i think its been a challenge in the past tying doge IRL activations to OTD - could you have a big window sticker, sign, car hat, something fun that calls out ownthedoge.com more clearly for the people passing by?

From the main EthDenver Founder/Main Organizer Justin: “I imagine up to 35k people could be in town but we won’t allow more than 20k into the venue.”

I just got clarity that the car won’t be parked at the Main entrance, but the “Bufficorn BUIDL Brigade Lounge / Art Gallery” entrance, which should be nearly as good, and maybe even better, as people will be more likely to be taking their time to wander and engage with things once deeper inside the venue.

It’s hard to know exactly how many people will see the car, but it seems realistic that it would be at least 10,000 over the 6 days, and based on what we’ve experienced, most of those will be super interested and take photos, which will then be seen by tens or hundreds of thousands more :slight_smile:

It’s also realistic that almost everyone who sees the car will want a Doge sticker, which can lead them directly to Own The Doge, which would be stamped on the back. Should be no problem to give away at least 1,000 of those during my time in Denver.

It would also be easy to print out small business cards with details of a contest stating something like: “take a photo of yourself with the DogeClaren and share on Twitter, tagging @DogeClaren and @OwnTheDoge to be entered into a contest to win three pixels from the original Doge meme. 10 winners will be chosen!”

The cards could be displayed with the car for people to pick up even when nobody from OTD was nearby, as the event runs 24/7!

The tentative quote we received from the car shipper (who is apparently one of the best in the biz and won’t damage the car like the last time we shipped to Denver) was $2,000, and after taxes and driving to and from Vancouver-Seattle, should work out to about $2500 each way.

The Twitter contest concept above and stickers should serve as great IRL-digital onboarding tools, and we can of course have Own The Doge linked via the three QR code stickers on the side windows and windshield, which lead to the Linktree, which many people scan to learn more about the car.

It should also be noted that OwnThe Doge has been on the Linktree for the past 3.5 months while the car has been parked front and center at the Paradox hotel in Vancouver, getting scanned 24/7 :slight_smile: dogeclaren | Twitter, Instagram | Linktree

ETH Denver organizers have stated that any DogeClaren sponsors highlighted should be fairly low-key, as sponsor booths are quite expensive and they need to be mindful of that in their collaboration with us, so as not to ruffle any feathers.

We can definitely create a larger sticker, funny hat, etc. but should probably assess the situation and get their blessing before placing any larger items.

I feel like the subtlety of having people first get excited about the car, and then approaching to learn more and receiving fun stickers or a promo card, rather than engaging with it as a “promotional pitch” with a prominently placed sign is likely more powerful than just having it directly marketed to them and more likely to build deeper organic engagement :slight_smile:

Can also possibly directly gift pixels to serious influencers in exchange for shoutout Tweets of photos of them with the car. This is the most fun and NFT-savvy crowd in the world, and the best situated to promote OTD and get others excited :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe metrics will definitely needed to be included this time (how many POAPs were claimed, how many tweets with a certain hashtag, how many new twitter followers, how many stickers were passed out, etc.) in order to know if these sponsorships yield actionable results. How much time do you think will be allocated to being in front of the car, talking with people and giving out swag?

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea

Love it. Let’s hit it.

Definitely agree with all of this Zona! With it being EthDenver, it should be an extremely friendly POAP crowd this year. Would be great to integrate into the activation.

Since the car will be in a great location indoors (much warmer) this year, I plan to spend at least 4hrs a day by the car and will leave a basket of stickers/cards when not at the car. Our crew will of course be dressed Dogely and discussing the Dogeclaren/OTD at all events we will attend as well.

Love the idea of taking note of Twitter stats prior to ETH Denver to have a reference point.

Could also craft a simple hashtag for an engagement strategy, but it will be very simple to track how many people post while tagging @ownthedoge if we go with the concept of a pixel contest where they take a photo of themselves with the car and tag OTD / DogeClaren in order to be entered to win pixels :slight_smile:

1 Like

ETH Denver was the first event I followed once I joined the community and I fully support the funding. I was awesome to see excitement among the visitors, taking pictures and being silly. Now, 1 year later, @ownthedoge project and community is much more evolved and maybe this event is the spark that will take the project further. It would be fun to include pixels in some way.

2 Likes

Hi all I had a chat with Julia on this sponsorship, here is the updated proposal:

Overview:

Approval was just granted to have the DogeClaren hosted front and center at ETH Denver - parked right inside the main hall in the middle of everything! She will be positioned as the first cool thing attendees see as they enter the venue as well as the prime photo location. I’m now seeking sponsors to help cover costs of bringing this opportunity to life :blush:

This is a great opportunity for high visibility at one of the largest -and certainly the most fun - crypto events consistently each year with tens of thousands expected in attendance with a new all-in-one location venue…

Request is for $2,000 USD in $DOG to help fund the trip + cost of printing hand outs.

DogeClaren team will promote Own The Doge with a particular focus on getting people to sign up for Pilgrimage.

Proposed Use of Dog Grant:

Logistics for transport of the Dogeclaren are 2500 each way from Seattle to Denver (and back). Additional expenses include flight to Denver, gas to Seattle (2.5hr drive with bus ride back for transport of car prior), work/days put into obtaining the opportunity for prime spot for EthDenver- front and center of the main hallway of EthDenver-, my own logistics, hours and supplies put into any engagement activity put in place for the sponsorship, time tweeting for all major accounts about Own The Doge helping to bring The Dogeclaren to EthDenver, doge stickers (could poss stamp with OwnTheDoge stamp, believe I still have one with the twitter @.

The $2,000 is a partial sponsorship for the trip.

DogeClaren team will print out hand outs produced by Own The Doge and promote the trip to Japan. We hope to get some crypto whales to sign up.

Experience: Tons of experience setting the car up for events, well versed in Own The Doge.

Timeline: Car would be on full display 24/7 in the main venue 3/1 - 3/6 with the end of February taking The Dogeclaren to all of the hosted parties with sponsors noted on QR. Would need to know within the next few days as having to lock in logisitics for transport by mid week with start of transport beginning end of this week due to the treacherous voyage Seattle to Denver. Additionally would need time to have any print/stickers etc prepared since the logistics will be very complicated to get the car as well as ourselves to EthDenver along with any supplies needed.

Other Thoughts: It will be the most epic way to have a BIG presence at one of the biggest crypto events -that is Eth based but showing up big for the Doge- for a fraction of the cost of what even an EthDenver base level booth cost.

The Dogeclaren is positioned to be the first cool thing everyone sees as they enter as well as the best area for selfes/posts. 10s of thousands expected this year in attendance with all prior venues consolidated to this main venue space this year. Own The Doge could have representatives to talk about the project in front of the Dogeclaren as sponsors who helped bring it down along with any type of engagement activity Own The Doge wanted to do with the QR code including prizes, games, giveaways, contests, etc. Several other ideas optional with current time line including custom stamped doge stickers. Don’t miss this opportunity to be Front and Center with the most exciting, Ahh Imspiring, Dogely Womderfulness, memorable presence at all of EthDenver!!!

2 Likes

Doge King and I have discussed these updated terms and I think this is a great way to take advantage of having the Dogeclaren featured in such a prime location in front of The Own The Doge target audience.

The main things I will need from Own The Doge to make this incredible will be:

• Design of the print flyer ASAP so that I can put an order in for Denver to have these printed and subsequently I can fold them/prepare them to be handed out prior to the start of the event. I will be flying into Denver tomorrow and will have a few days to prepare everything

• Copy for the tweet thread Own The Doge wants to use for the sponsorship announcement for Social Media accounts. I will be creating sponsorship announcement posts. Along with the announcement post, I would like to have a thread that is highlighting what you are wanting to use this sponsorship opportunity to announce (aka a thread going over the trip to Japan, whats included, basically a summary of the information that will be going on the flyer).

• To move forward with sponsorship plan in a rather fast pace. I have paid for the cars transport, booked flights, set up where I will be staying, rented car etc. With the amount of prep work there is to do prior to the event and the event starting in just a few days, will need to make a decision quickly in order to make announcement, obtain & prepare print items, etc.

I absolutely love this idea and feel its a great way to take advantage of this incredible opportunity with having The Dogeclaren featured as a main attraction at ETHDenver this year. I am really excited to spread the news of this once in a lifetime journey to Japan with all of the Dogeliest People!

3 Likes

From Seattle to Denver? I think there are more details to write.

1 Like

Im not sure what you mean in regards to “From Seattle to Denver” and " I think there are more details to write" Could you please elaborate?

Also to follow up on this, I am receiving tons of invites to be VIP at various events where I can talk about this project. One that stands out the most to me right now is a party hosted by OrangeDAO and consensys since OrangeDAO is a VC funding based DAO focused on using their collective funds to provide grants to projects that further the WEB3 Ecosystem. I see this project(Japan trip) in particular as falling under that category especially considering the reach the documentary can provide for onboarding people into WEB3. Based on the info I read about them, it looks like their grants start in the range of 25k. Their representative reached out to me because initially they wanted the dogeclaren to make an appearance at their event (they love the doge and are big on anything that raises peoples interest into WEB3). So not only will my outreach include the above mentioned sponsorship but it will also include me discussing the voyage to Japan with different organizations such as this who are inviting me to be one of the VIP invites to their events to add to the fun and have top people within the decentralized ecosystem at their parties :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool seems like a good opportunity

1 Like

I hope this went through. Good luck, have fun. Looking forward to some epic shots.

2 Likes