Pixel Minting Bounty via Layer3 (round 2)

1. Overview

I’m working with Layer3 to set up a bounty through Layer3’s platform that will incentivize 1000 new users to mint a doge pixel. This would cost 2,000 $USDC (to Layer3 - 1,000 users x $2 per user). I’m asking the DAOge to subsidize this expense. https://beta.layer3.xyz/

2. Proposed use of $DOG grant:

We will need to convert $DOG to USDC to pay Layer3 (they only take stables). As of today (1/4/23) $2k USDC would roughly be equivalent of ~2.8M $DOG. People will either need to buy $DOG or use their existing $DOG to lock and mint a Pixel NFT through the pixel portal. If they meet this requirement, hold the pixel for 2 weeks, show proof, and claim a pixel perk, they will be able to claim Layer3 XP (that unlocks Layer3 perks/NFTs) and an exclusive Layer3 Doge NFT (much wow). To use Layer3’s platform, they charge $2 per successful user claim. This explains the USDC ask.

Layer3 also mitigates bot/sybilling by ensuring unique users through Twitter & Discord verification. They will also add a time-bound rule through our quests feature so that users have to hold for 2 weeks before claiming (which should increase pixel/user retention).

3. Experience:

On a given day, they have 5-7k daily active users who take 30,000 on-chain actions because of them. The last time we ran the 500 pixel mint bounty, all 500 pixels were minted within 12 hours…and we were able to retain ~40%+ of these pixels minted as converted dog believers. This bounty will actually be cheaper for us given double the amount of pixel holders, since we’re not giving away DOG as bounty claims this time around.

Brandon Kumar (Founder of Layer3) published a thread on their stats & impact that might help drive the point home. Here is the link.

4. Timeline:

Layer3 can launch this bounty ASAP. It’ll stay open and active until all 1000 users are recorded. It’ll be contingent on when the DIC appoves the proposal and when the $DOG is converted to USDC and sent to Layer3.

5. Other thoughts:

We’ve also used Layer3 for past bounties (500 pixel mint bounty completed in hours) and have a really good relationship with the core team to give the DAOge great service as well as the DAOge being able to employ quality bounty hunters (Shubh, Mojo Jojo, Optimistic Intern). Being able to bring more awareness of our project to many qualified users is the what we’re striving for and I believe this incentive structure is appropriate to easily double our pixel holdership. Layer3 has also agreed that they would highlight this bounty on their website, socials and discord to enhance exposure and participation.

6 Likes

I really like how layer 3 rolled out the last bounty and I’ve been doing some other bounties through them.

My only hesitation is that right now I’m too poor to even mint the current nounlet perk and gas keeps getting higher. I’m like 5,000 dog shy from having enough for minting a pixel, but again…still can’t afford the gas.

I’m saying this because I can’t be the only one in this kind of pinch right now and if we can hold off a bit so some of us can get back on our feet :disappointed:

1 Like

ty for sharing that - pixel perks will def evolve to many different types of them - not always needing gas, but def something we are working on to keep them as free for pixel holders as poss

1 Like

LOVE THIS - let’s keep growing the community. The last pixel minting bounty worked out well and this is even less expensive.

1 Like

gas in all forms is max pain rn :skull:

1 Like

Sounds good to me. I say yay.